Launch of Athena
As part of our aim to improve our levels of customer service, we are pleased to announce that Athena has been launched.
Athena is a web- and mobile phone-based system that will help with our monitoring of centres’ compliance with 1st4sport recognition requirements. It will also support our management of over 100 external verifiers (EVs) and encompass the breadth of our quality assurance arrangements. Athena is designed to support our customer service, provide benefits for our centres and adding value to our operations and services by ensuring we can:
- handle centre recognition and qualification approval applications promptly
- improve our processing capacity for recognition, approval and monitoring
- develop our verification management and reporting capacity
- process and handle reasonable adjustments and special considerations more efficiently
- process allegations and appeals within our customer service timescales
- manage risk and centre action plans
- enable recognised centres and EVs to control their own data
- enhance our data security, including secure storage of recognised centre documents, details and reports with easier, more secure and auditable access for staff, partners
- improve communication with all stakeholders
- enable clear and auditable lines of responsibility.
We would like all our centres to engage with Athena, in fact, they must access Athena to be able to:
- submit a qualification approval application
- request a reasonable adjustment
- report allegations (eg customer service complaints, allegations of malpractice, allegations of child/vulnerable adult abuse)
- make an appeal against a decision we have made
- view external verification reports.
If you are a recognised centre and do not already have a password for Athena, please contact [email protected] to obtain your centre’s login details and nominate an appropriate person (eg centre administrator) to act as a Super-user for the system.
If you have already engaged with Athena you may use the following web-link to take you to the Athena Log in page http://athena.creatiogreen.com.
Once your super-user is set up and logged on to the system, they can visit various sections to access documents as well as the Recognised Centre Athena User Guide, which provides support and guidance.
Athena holds a profile for each centre, which we would like centers to update whenever there are any changes at the centre, ensuring the information we hold on your activities remains current. A particular feature of the system is that it allows you to ‘bank’ and update your policies and procedures that support the recognized centre status. Please note that we do expect all of our active centres to upload their current policies by 1 June 2010. To further assist your use of Athena, our EVs will be undertaking support visits, alongside a centre systems visit, to help centres to use Athena effectively.
We realise that the launch of Athena has brought about significant changes in the way we operate and communicate with our centres, and we appreciate that they will need time to learn how to navigate around the system. Therefore, we would like to thank all of our centres in anticipation of their cooperation in supporting the implementation of Athena and our goal of improving our levels of response and customer service.