1st4sport Level 3 Award in Workforce Mentoring
“The 1st4sport Education and Training Suite (QCF) of qualifications are perfect to offer to anyone looking for the chance to tutor, assess or quality assure with confidence. The qualifications come with very helpful supporting resources.”
|Guided Learning Hours||21|
|Total Qualification Time||34|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/4335/0|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/02/2012|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2018|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2021|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification, see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Mentoring is a powerful tool, particularly in the education and development of those involved in sport at all levels. Part of the 1st4sport Education and Training Suite, the 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Workforce Mentoring provides learners with an introduction to the principles and practice of mentoring a workforce (paid or voluntary). The knowledge and skills gained from this qualification will allow learners to qualify in any sector they have occupational competence in.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Learners are required to be at least 18 years of age to attend the programme of training.
To achieve the qualification, the learner (trainee mentor) will need the support of an organisation that will give access to two members of its workforce (in paid or voluntary roles) to be mentored over a minimum of three months each, and an appropriate supervisor for the trainee mentor. The mentees can be from different organisations if necessary.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Ref.||Title||Unit Reference No.||GLHs||Credit|
|1||Preparing for the Mentoring Role||M/503/5511||15||3|
|2||Undertaking mentoring in the workplace||A/503/9611||6||4|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Workforce Mentoring Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Workforce Mentoring Learner Pack
- assessment tools
- UK Coaching Mentoring in Sport resource.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.