1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Water Skiing/Wakeboarding
In partnership with:
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|Qualification Accreditation Number
|Guided Learning Hours
|Total Qualification Time
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
||Knowledge component of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership (outdoors and coaching pathways)
|Qualification Accreditation Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with British Water Ski & Wakeboard (BWSW), the governing body of sport for water skiing and wakeboarding, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Water Skiing/Wakeboarding is designed to provide learners with an opportunity to study, and be assessed on, both the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching water skiing/wakeboarding to groups of adults and children in an appropriate environment. Holders of this Certificate will be qualified to coach the skills and techniques of water skiing/wakeboarding, as identified in the Assessment Requirements, and therefore able to gain employment as a qualified coach.
Who is the Qualification for?
Anyone over 16 years of age who is looking to coach water skiing/wakeboarding to adults or children. Staff working at water skiing/wakeboarding centres, sports centre staff, teachers, youth workers and volunteers would find that this qualification supports their involvement in the sport. Students in further or higher education, studying sports-related coaching qualifications, should pursue this qualification as a valuable addition to their portfolio of coaching skills.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be 16 years or over
- have a working knowledge of the Cutting Edge Silver Syllabus in Water Skiing and Wakeboarding
- be able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
||Understanding how to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport
||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice
||Plan a Series of Water Skiing/Wakeboarding Coaching Sessions
||Prepare the Water Skiing/Wakeboarding Coaching Environment
||Deliver a Series of Water Skiing/Wakeboarding Coaching Sessions
||Monitor and Evaluate Water Skiing/Wakeboarding Coaching Sessions
Unlike many other awarding bodies, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your students
- qualification administration that is available online, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- a Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Water Skiing/Wakeboarding Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Water Skiing/Wakeboarding Learner Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools
- British Water Ski & Wakeboard Code of Practice
- British Water Ski & Wakeboard Coaching Handbook.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
Organisations new to 1st4sport
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: