1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Spectator Safety
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)||24 (110-154)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/5246/2|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/11/2019|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2020|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Spectator Safety (L3CSSR) has been developed in partnership with industry experts in the area of spectator safety and SkillsActive – the Sector Skills Council for Active Leisure and Learning. The qualification can be used to provide learners with a nationally recognised qualification in spectator safety, which incorporates the following areas:
- Prepare Stewards and Venues for Spectator Events
- Maintain Stewarding in Designated Areas and Deal with Spectator Problems and Emergencies
- Deal with Accidents and Emergencies
- Develop Productive Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Support the Efficient Use of Resources (optional)
- Manage Your Own Resources and Professional Development (optional)
- Manage Information for Action (optional)
- Help to Manage Conflict (optional)
- Control and Detain People at a Spectator Event for Action by the Police (optional)
- Work with Others to Improve Customer Service (optional).
The qualification can be used to confirm learner competence in the workplace or as an occupational progression from either the Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events (L2AUSSE) or the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Spectator Safety (L2NCSS).
Learners who have previously undertaken either the Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events or the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Spectator Safety will be entitled to full use of supported RPL. This use of RPL can reduce the amount of assessment required to complete both the mandatory and optional units, depending on which are chosen.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age.
- have achieved the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety OR have verifiable previous experience of employment in stewarding at spectator events
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Unit Reference No.||GLH||Credit|
|1||Prepare Stewards and Venues for Spectator Events||K/502/8409||26||6|
|2||Maintain Stewarding in Designated Areas and Deal with Spectator Problems and Emergencies||D/502/8410||15||4|
|3||Deal with Accidents and Emergencies||D/501/5138||14||2|
|4||Develop Productive Working Relationships with Colleagues||K/502/8426||16||4|
|5||Support the Efficient Use of Resources||H/502/8456||19||5|
|6||Manage Your Own Resources and Professional Development||M/502/8458||20||5|
|7||Manage Information for Action||K/502/8457||24||6|
|8||Help to Manage Conflict||J/501/5134||20||4|
|9||Control and Detain People at a Spectator Event for Action by the Police||K/502/8412||28||4|
|10||Work with Others to Improve Customer Service||D/601/1553||53||8|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Spectator Safety Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Spectator Safety Learner Pack
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Spectator Safety assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and a Certificate. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre. Further information on fees is available in your qualification application pack.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected].
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.