1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Netball
In partnership with:
(access partner websites
using logo above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for netball and generic coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with England Netball, the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Netball is designed to provide learners with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to deliver an annual coaching programme to either adults or young people. The Certificate offers an opportunity for learners to be given support to effectively apply the principles of performance profiling, goal setting and designing, planning, delivering and evaluating an annual netball coaching programme. It also aims to enable learners to create an effective coaching environment, establish supportive working relationships and manage the behaviour of players and others. Netball-specific progression opportunities include working:
- as a head coach within a netball club
- as a coach within national league clubs
- within county academies
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Learners are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age
- hold the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Netball or equivalent as agreed by the netball home countries
- be coaching and training the same team in a club/team environment with regular training sessions and have competitive matches on a regular basis
- have experience of coaching the same group of players for a full netball season within the past three years
- have experience of coaching a variety of players in more than one element of the performance pathway and at a variety of age groups
- have attended a recognised child protection/safeguarding children course
- have completed and achieved a recognised first-aid course – a minimum of emergency aid for appointed persons.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|The Role of the Programme Coach in Netball
|The Role of Skill Development in Netball Coaching Programmes
|Plan a Netball Coaching Programme
|Deliver a Netball Coaching Programme
|Review a Netball Coaching Programme
|Review a Netball Coaching Programme
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Netball Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Netball Learner Portfolio
- internal and independent assessment tools
- netball coaching handbook
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification is only available through England Netball.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: