|Guided Learning Hours (Total Qualification Time)||500 (690)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/4826/4|
|Operational Start Date||01/09/2019|
|Qualification Review Date||31/08/2022|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Diploma in Sports Coaching and Performance provides learners with an introduction to the performance sports environment including aspects of applying nutrition to sports performance and how to plan, deliver and review coaching programmes. In addition, learners will learn to support athletes through lifestyle change and using technical and tactical skills to support athletes performance.
Learners will understand the sporting landscape, performance pathways and the impact of lifestyle and the media on sports performance. Learners will also study nutrition and psychology in a sports performance context.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration for the qualification learners are required to:
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Accreditation No.||Level||GLH|
|1||Apply Nutrition to Sport Performance||R/507/8169||3||90|
|2||Apply Psychology for Sports Performance and Excellence||J/507/8170||3||120|
|3||The Role of a Programme Coach||H/616/7738||3||25|
|4||Plan a Coaching Programme||H/616/7741||3||23|
|5||Deliver a Coaching Programme||K/616/7742||3||17|
|6||Review a Coaching Programme||M/616/7743||3||9|
|7||The Sporting Landscape and Performance Pathways||R/507/8172||3||90|
|8||The Impact of Lifestyle and the Media on Sports Performance||Y/507/8173||3||60|
|9||Understanding Technical Skills to Achieve Excellence in Sport||H/617/1210||3||30|
|10||Understanding Tactical Skills to Achieve Excellence in Sport||M/617/1212||3||30|
|11||Support Athletes through Lifestyle Change||F/503/6760||3||9|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you.
- full and comprehensive Learning and Assessment Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance notes, which include units of work, lesson plans and tutor PowerPoint presentations alongside sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Diploma in Sports Coaching and Performance Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the qualification is supported by the 1st4sport Level 3 Diploma in Sports Coaching and Performance Learner Portfolios.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected].
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.