1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
|Guided Learning Hours (TQT)||120 (280)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/2130/1|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/09/2017|
|Qualification Review Date||31/08/2020|
|Registration Period||3 years|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
Developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE), the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport prepares learners for employment in a school sport setting through providing an introduction to opportunities for them to work as a physical education and school sport professional such as a:
- higher level teaching assistant (HLTA)
- teaching assistant (TA)
- sports development officer
- sports coach, volunteer or leader.
The qualification is perfect for those who already work, or aspire to work, in a physical education and school sport setting as it specifically designed to provide them with a greater understanding of programmes of study for physical education, the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be operating.
What’s more, an additional benefit is that completing this qualification can help learners work towards becoming a TA. The qualification assessment has been mapped against professional standards for teaching assistants developed in June 2016 and can help provide evidence for completion of other teaching related qualifications.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The expectation is that this requirement will be complied with by 2015.
Learners are required to:
- be at least 17 years of age to attend the programme of training
- hold a Level 2 physical education or sport related qualification, examples include:
- the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A-C)
- a Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification
- a Level 2 BTEC in Sport
- a Level 2 qualification in sports/activity leadership or
- a 1st4sport recognised equivalent
- be able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Learners must be 18 to be certificated for this qualification.
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
Learners must achieve the 8 mandatory units listed below to achieve the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
|1||Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults||L/616/0380||15|
|2||Schools as organisations||R/616/0381||18|
|3||Understand child and young person development||Y/616/0382||15|
|4||Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people||M/616/0386||18|
|5||Support assessment for learning||T/616/0387||16|
|6||Plan physical education and school sport programmes||A/616/0387||20|
|7||Deliver physical education and school sport programmes||F/616/0389||17|
|8||Review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme||T/616/0390||11|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and their workforce, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport Learner Portfolio
- assessment tools
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the RQF can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Records Service. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Records Service Organisational Portal. For more information about this process, please visit Learner Records Service website.