|GLH (TQT)||14 (58)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/1069/8|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/12/2017|
|Qualification Review Date||31/01/2020|
|Certification End Date||31/01/2023|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport is available in a number of sport-specific pathways. Please click on the links below for additional information:
|Pathway title||Link to Qualification Specification||Link to Pathway Specific Centre Information|
|1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport||Download||Click here|
|1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport [Badminton]||Download||Click here|
|1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport [Rugby Union]||Download||Click here|
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Pre-requisites vary per pathway. Please check the relevant Pathway Specific Information for Details
The qualification is divided into two Component Groups, learners must successfully complete three components to achieve the qualification; both components from Component Group 1, and one component from Component Group 2.
|Unit Title||Unit Reference Number||Level||GLHs||TQT|
|Component Group 1- Learners must achieve both components|
|Inclusive teaching and learning in sport||A/615/4879||3||7||39|
|Assessment practice in sport||M/615/4880||3||7||29|
|Pathway Units – Learners must achieve one Pathway Unit|
|Educational philosophy in Sport||T/615/4881||3||0||11|
|Educational values in Rugby Union||F/615/4883||3||2||17|
|Educational philosophy in Badminton||A/615/4882||3||2||20|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Assessment Briefs, Tools and Templates which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- Delivery, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance guidance, which include sample delivery models and learning programmes, exemplar answers to support you when assessing your students, and internal quality assurance templates and tools
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Pathway-Specific Qualification Specifications outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- Pathway-specific 1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport Delivery Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Approach
- internal assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Pathway-specific 1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport Learner Portfolio
- internal assessment tools
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.