|Guided Learning Hours (TQT)||14 (30)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/0894/1|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/02/17|
|Qualification Review Date||31/07/2022|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Supporting the Delivery of Dance in Physical Education and School Sport has been developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE). It has been developed to impart the skills knowledge and understanding in learners to allow the purposeful delivery of dance activity sessions within a Physical Education and School Sport environment. These skills include a deeper understanding of the benefits associated with dance, knowledge of a range of dance activities appropriate to learners in a given school setting (primary or secondary) and the ability to appropriately plan, delivery and review dance sessions linked to a relevant key stage.
Successful achievement of the qualification enables learners to apply the principles of dance sessions to a range of participant groups, supporting healthy lifestyles in early years, children and young adults.
The qualification has been designed specifically to support the Health Agenda and to contribute to the overall health of school children both now and in the future.
This qualification, in combination with other qualifications, may allow learners to deliver independent dance sessions as part of the physical education national curriculum.
Please note, a learner without qualified teacher status, suitable teaching qualifications or without an appropriate Level 3 PESS qualification, must only provide support for the delivery of dance sessions under the supervision of a qualified member of school staff, such as a qualified teacher.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration for the qualification learners are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be 18 years of age or over
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Learners must also be able to evidence ONE of the following:
- possession of a regulated Level 2 or above qualification in delivering Physical Education and School Sport, thereby qualifying the learner to work as part of a team supporting Physical Education and School Sport
- possession of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or be able to evidence relevant teaching experience
- possession of a regulated Level 3 qualification in instructing dance e.g.IDTA Tap/Ballet.
There are no additional pre-requisites to certification other than successful completion of the assessment criteria.
The qualification is composed of 1 mandatory component:
|1||Delivering dance in Physical Education and School Sport||D/615/4082||14||30|
*Guided learning hours
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and their workforce, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Supporting the Delivery of Dance in Physical Education and School Sport Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Supporting the Delivery of Dance in Physical Education and School Sport Learner Portfolio
- assessment tools
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.