1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Angling
In partnership with:
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
|Guided Learning Hours||32|
|Total Qualification Time||132|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/0057/0|
|Apprenticeships||Knowledge component of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership (coaching pathway)|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||03/12/2010|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2019|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the UK Angling Source Group**, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Angling is designed to provide learners aged 17 and over with knowledge and understanding of the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching angling. The level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective coaching of angling. Those who complete this Certificate will be able to deliver angling coaching sessions to adults and children in an appropriate environment.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The UK Angling Source Group is composed of the constituent governing bodies for angling in the UK (Angling Development Board, Angling Development Board of Scotland, and Federation of Welsh Anglers).
Learners are required to:
- be a minimum of 17 years of age at registration
- have proven experience of angling in at least one context (coarse, sea or game angling); this evidence will be assessed by a course administrator
- hold another recognised coaching qualification at Level 1 or a teaching award (C25 or similar accredited qualification). ‘Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be applied for in accordance with the CCA APL Policy (currently in development).
Prior to applying for certification, coach educators must ensure that learners have evidence of having undergone awareness training in the protection of children from abuse and hold a current/valid emergency aid certificate. This should be evidenced through a certificate of attendance at a UK Coaching ‘Safeguarding And Protecting Children’ workshop or equivalent and an emergency first-aid certificate.
Learners who already hold an emergency first-aid certificate or equivalent will be granted RPL as long as the certificate has at least 12 months’ currency at the time of their final assessment.
Due to the level of autonomy and responsibility of a qualified coach operating at this level, learners must be over 18 years of age before they can be certificated.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Reference No.||GLH||Credit|
|1||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||J/601/2101||22||3|
|2||Understanding How to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport||Y/601/2104||12||2|
|3||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport||H/601/2106||16||2|
|4||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice||M/601/2108||13||2|
|5||Plan a Series of Angling Coaching Sessions||J/602/5673||9||2|
|6||Prepare the Angling Coaching Environment||L/602/5674||14||2|
|7||Deliver a Series of Angling Coaching Sessions||R/602/5689||16||2|
|8||Monitor and Evaluate Angling Coaching Sessions||L/602/5691||6||2|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver the qualification
- Coach Educator/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and coach educators, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Angling Coach Educator/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Angling Learner Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.