1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Netball
In partnership with:
(access partner websites
using logos above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
NB. This qualification is currently only available for delivery through England Netball
|GLH (Credit)||45 (12)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/0561/7|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/10/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2020|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2022|
|Qualification Specification and Purpose||Download|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the National Source Group for Netball**, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Netball is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the processes and principles of coaching netball to adults and children. The Certificate offers an opportunity for netball coaches to be supported in developing their knowledge of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate a series of netball coaching sessions in a safe, ethical and effective manner. Those who complete this Certificate will be able to work as a netball coach, either alone or as part of a larger coaching team.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The National Source Group for Netball is composed of the constituent governing bodies for netball in the UK (England Netball, Welsh Netball and Netball Scotland).
Prior to registration for the qualification learners are required to:
- have been accurately identified
- be at least 18 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
It is highly recommended that learners have been an active coach in netball for a minimum of two years or hold the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Netball or equivalent, before applying for the course.
Prior to certification, learners must:
- have evidence of having successfully attended a first-aid training course within the last three years to include basic life support as a minimum
- have evidence of having successfully attended a‘Safeguarding and Protecting Children’ workshop within the last three years
The qualification is divided into the following five components:
|Unit Title||Reference No.||GLH|
|The role of the coach in netball||H/615/2463||18|
|Plan a series of netball coaching sessions||K/615/2464||14|
|Deliver a series of netball coaching sessions||M/615/2465||14|
|Review a series netball of coaching sessions||T/615/2466||14|
|Technical coaching requirements for netball||A/615/2467||8|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Netball Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Netball Learner Portfolio
- internal and independent assessment tools
- Netball Health and Safety Guidelines for Coaching
- a coaching handbook
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.