1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Netball)
|Guided Learning (TQT)||31 (130)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/2743/1|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/01/2018|
|Qualification Review Date||30/06/2021|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Wrestling) provides learners aged 18 and over with the skills and knowledge to be able to plan, deliver and evaluate linked and progressive netball sessions with the potential to seek employment in a coaching role.
Successful achievement of the qualification enables learners to apply the principles of safe and effective netball sessions to a group of participants through the delivery of a series of coaching sessions. Successful learners will develop an understanding of appropriate coaching skills and knowledge to be plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions.
This qualification has replaced the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Netball for Welsh Netball (501/2229/0) and is aligned to the CIMSPA Coach Professional standard.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Centre systems for the initial assessment of learners must ensure that pre-requisites to registration and certification are considered during the application stage.
Prior to registration learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 18 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
NB. It is highly recommended that learners have been an active netball coach for a minimum of two years or hold the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Netball or equivalent, before applying for the course.
Prior to certification, learners must:
- have evidence of having successfully attended a first-aid training course within the last three years to include basic life support as a minimum
- have evidence of having successfully attended a‘Safeguarding and Protecting Children’ workshop within the last three years
There are no further prerequisites prior to certification other than the successful completion of all related 1st4sport assessed tasks or equivalent.
The qualification is comprised of four mandatory units and one sport and physical activity-pathway unit:
|Unit Title||Reference No.||GLHs|
|1||The role of the coach||D/616/6992||18|
|2||Plan a series of coaching sessions||H/616/6993||14|
|3||Deliver a series of coaching sessions||K/616/6994||14|
|4||Review a series of coaching sessions||M/616/6995||14|
|5||Technical requirements for coaching netball||A/615/2467||10|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- Delivery, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Approach , which includes delivery models, sample answers to support you when assessing your students and guidance for the internal quality assurance of the qualification
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the following resources support the qualification:
- Administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Netball) Qualification Specification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Netball) Qualification Handbook
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Netball) Unit Specifications
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Netball) Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the following resources support the qualification:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Netball) Learner Portfolio
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification is only available through Welsh Netball. If you would like a course facilitating, please contact Welsh Netball to discuss your requirements.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.