|Guided Learning (TQT)||27 (45)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/1419/9|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/09/2017|
|Qualification Review Date||31/08/2020|
|Certification End Date||31/08/2022|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with UK Coaching and other experts within the sector, the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport provides learners aged 17 and over with an introduction to the processes and principles of supporting child development through multi-skills.
Learners aged 17 years and over who achieve this qualification will:
- become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
- learn how to design, deliver and evaluate multi-skills activity sessions
- make a positive impact on the children they’re working with by developing their movement confidence and sport-related skills
- help children master the fundamentals of movement in a fun, imaginative and progressive way
- make sport more enjoyable for children and young people…and much more!
Who is the Qualification for?
The qualification is suitable for:
- sport-specific coaches who wish to specialise in coaching children and young people
- sports coaches who work or aspire to work in schools
- coaches who work predominantly with children
- coaches employed through funded-initiatives, such as ‘Football in the Community’
- coaches employed/deployed through local authorities’ sports development departments
- students at both universities and colleges looking to develop their existing coaching skills with children
- adults involved in the delivery of sport and physical activity in primary and/or secondary education that meet the appropriate pre-requisite criteria.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Centre systems for the initial assessment of learners must ensure that pre-requisites to registration and certification are considered during the application stage.
Prior to registration learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 17 years of age
- hold or be working towards a minimum of a recognised Level 2 sports specific coaching qualification or equivalent. Equivalent qualifications must include evidence of planning, delivering and reviewing coaching sessions. The following are examples:
– Level 2 Award in the Principles for Coaching Sport
– Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport
– Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
– A Level 2 sports coach
– Accredited Gym Instructor qualification
– QTS + Physical Education specialism
– BSc Degree in Sports Coaching (inclusive of practical delivery)
– or other equivalent based on individual application.
- be able to communicate effectively in English.
The learner must be 18 years of age to coach independently.
There are no further prerequisites prior to certification other than the successful completion of all related 1st4sport assessed tasks or equivalent.
The qualification is comprised of one mandatory unit:
|Unit Title||Reference No.||GLHs|
|1||Coach Multi-Skills Sessions||M/615/6824||27|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- Delivery, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Approach , which includes delivery models, sample answers to support you when assessing your students and guidance for the internal quality assurance of the qualification
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the following resources support the qualification:
- Administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport Qualification Specification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the following resources support the qualification:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport Learner Portfolio
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.