1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling
In partnership with:
(access partner website using logo above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
|Qualification Accreditation Number
|Guided Learning Hours (TQT)
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section.
Developed in partnership with the UK Angling Source Group**, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling is the first qualification on the angling coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners aged 16 and over with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching angling. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective coaching of angling. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist more qualified angling coaches to deliver angling coaching sessions to adults and children.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The UK Angling Source Group is composed of the constituent governing bodies for angling in the UK (Angling Development Board, Angling Development Board of Scotland, and Federation of Welsh Anglers).
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- have some experience of angling in either coarse, sea or game angling and be able to evidence knowledge of safe handling, unhooking and returning fish. This evidence will be assessed by the course administrator.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Conducting Coaching Activities in Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Evaluating Coaching Activities in Sport
||Planning Coaching Activities in Angling
||Conducting Coaching Activities in Angling
||Evaluating Coaching Activities in Angling
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver the qualification
- coach educator/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and coach educators, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling Coach Educator/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- internal assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling Learner Pack
- internal assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: