1st4sport Level 1 Award in Assisting Coaching Rugby League
In partnership with:
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for rugby league and generic coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
|Certification End Date
|Qualification Purpose Statement
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section.
Developed in partnership with the National Source Group for Rugby League**, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Assisting Coaching Rugby League is the first qualification on the rugby league coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching rugby league. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of rugby league. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist other, more qualified coaches in delivering rugby league coaching sessions to players of all ages.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The National Source Group for Rugby League is composed of the constituent governing bodies for rugby league in the UK (Rugby Football League, Wales Rugby League and Scotland Rugby League).
Learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age to attend the programme of learning
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
The qualification is divided into the following mandatory components:
|The role of the rugby league coach
|The rugby league coach in practice
|Technical coaching requirements for rugby league
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- the Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach, which includes the outline learning programme, sample answers and levels of attainment to support you when assessing your learners and information around how the qualification should be is quality assured
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Assisting Coaching Rugby League Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Assisting Coaching Rugby League Learner Portfolio
- internal and independent assessment tools
- RFL Coaching Activity Cards.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
Organisations are unable to apply to become recognised and approved to deliver this qualification unless the governing body has granted permission, please contact the RFL in the first instance.
If you would like to offer this qualification, and have agreement from the RFL, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: