1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Deskercise]
|GLH (TQT)||6 (6)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/06/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/05/2019|
|Certification End Date||31/05/2020|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section.
This qualification is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it prepares them for deployment as an activator in deskercise. It is one of a number of pathway qualifications for activators available from 1st4sport. Successful achievement of the qualification will enable activators in deskercise to facilitate extra curricula activities in schools, offices, workplaces and community participation programmes. The qualification is designed to support community development, with the aspiration to tackle deprivation, radicalisation whilst supporting health, well-being and participation initiatives.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration, learners must be:
- a minimum of 14 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
The qualification is divided into two mandatory components. Learners who have already achieved the ‘Activator Role’ component within an alternative pathway qualification do not have to achieve the component again.
|Unit Title||Unit Reference Number||Level||GLHs|
|Activate through deskercise||K/615/0939||1||3|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and internal quality assurance guidance, which include sample delivery models and learning programmes, exemplar answers to support you when assessing your students, and internal quality assurance templates and tools
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Deskercise] and Internal Quality Assurance Approach
- internal assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Deskercise] Learner Portfolio
- internal assessment tools
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and a Certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.