1st4sport Level 1 Award in Equestrian Coaching (General Riding)
|Total Qualification Time||76|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/2707/8|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/01/2018|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2019|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2020|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the British Equestrian Federation (BEF) , the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Equestrian Coaching (General Riding) is designed to provide learners aged 16 and over with an introduction to the processes and principles of general riding coaching to adults and children. The Award offers an opportunity for general riding coaches to be supported in developing the knowledge of how to effectively support the delivery and review general riding coaching sessions in a safe, ethical and effective manner. Those who complete this Award will be able to work as an assistant general riding coach, supporting other, more qualified coaches.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 16 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Prior to certification, learners are required to:
- have attended a recognised safeguarding workshop (not online)
- have attended a recognised first aid workshop
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Reference number||GLH|
|The role of the equestrian coaching assistant||Y/616/7574||140|
|The equestrian coaching assistant in practice||D/616/7575||16|
|Technical coaching requirements for general riding||H/616/7576||6|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your students
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Equestrian Coaching (General Riding) Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- Internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Equestrian Coaching (General Riding) Learner Pack
- Internal and independent assessment tools
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you are interested in offering this qualification, please contact [email protected], identifying the qualification and pathway you are interested in delivering.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit Learning Records Service website.