1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics
In partnership with:
Visit the British Gymnastics website
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for gymnastics and generic coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|Guided Learning Hours
|Total Qualification Time
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
|Certification End Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with British Gymnastics (BG), the education arm of gymnastics, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics is the second qualification on the gymnastics coaching ladder. This qualification provides learners aged 17 and over with an ongoing involvement in the processes and principles of coaching gymnastics to adults and children. It is designed as a blended learning experience; using digital media, tutor interaction and printed resources to develop learners’ knowledge of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate gymnastics coaching sessions for adults and children. On successful completion of this Certificate, learners will be qualified to lead gymnastics coaching sessions and be involved in local junior/senior gymnastics clubs and schools.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to certification, learners are required to:
- be a minimum of 17 years old
- hold a 1st4sport Level 1 gymnastics coaching qualification, or a BG-recognised equivalent.
Due to the level of autonomy and responsibility attached to a qualified coach operating at this level, learners must be at least 18 years of age before they can be certificated.
The above prerequisites, for those who do not already hold the appropriate evidence, will normally be provided by recognised centres as part of the learning programme.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport
||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice
||Plan a Series of Gymnastics Coaching Sessions
||Prepare the Gymnastics Coaching Environment
||Deliver a Series of Gymnastics Coaching Sessions
||Monitor and Evaluate Gymnastics Coaching Sessions
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance to Assessment Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools
- Level 2 Gymnastics Coach Resource Manual.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics Learner Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools
- discipline-specific handbook
- CD-ROM containing electronic assessment tasks and BG documentation.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification is only available for delivery through British Gymnastics.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: