1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1
“Anyone looking to offer Functional Skills should look no further than 1st4sport Qualifications. Specifically developed for the sector, it makes them the perfect qualifications to offer our learners.”
Director, Essential Sports Training Ltd.
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Operational Start Date
|Registration End Date
|Certification End Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section.
The 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1 is a single-component qualification with assessment that focuses on the following three interrelated process skills:
- representing: selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation
- analysing: processing and using mathematics
- interpreting: interpreting and communicating the results of the analysis.
The qualification has been contextualised specifically for the active leisure, learning and well-being sector, making for a more engaging and relevant experience for your learners.
This makes it ideal if you deliver intermediate or advanced level apprenticeships in active leisure, learning and well-being sector.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration for the 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1, learners are required to be at least 14 years of age.
The 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1 is a one-unit qualification, which is split across three components:
|1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1
The following resources are provided to help implement, deliver, assess and quality assure the qualification:
- Administration guidance and tools for recognised centres enable you to process learners quickly and effectively, providing you with information at the click of a button.
- The Qualification Specification provides vital information regarding the requirements of the qualification in terms of criteria, workforce, delivery and assessment.
- External papers provide an assessment of the 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1. These papers are planned and invigilated by the centre but marked by 1st4sport.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification in addition to all associated assessment and quality assurance resources. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: