1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2
“Anyone looking to offer Functional Skills should look no further than 1st4sport Qualifications. Specifically developed for the sector, it makes them the perfect qualifications to offer our learners.”
Director, Essential Sports Training Ltd.
“We have used 1st4sport Qualifications for many years. We have recently expanded our relationship in working with them for the first time on the Level 1 Functional Skills, Maths and English papers in tandem with our apprenticeship scheme offered.
I cannot speak highly enough in regards to the support, professionalism and the clarity of the information received at all times. The support network offered as well as their welcoming and friendly approach provides me with absolute confidence. We will certainly have no reservations in further developing our relationship. It’s a pleasure working alongside them.”
Lisa Brooks, Ignite Sport UK Ltd
|Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Operational Start Date
|Registration End Date
|Certification End Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section.
The 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2 is split into three components that focus on the development of effective communication skills in the following areas:
- Speaking, listening and communication: Non-written communication in a purposeful context.
- Reading: Independent decoding and understanding of written language and text in a purposeful context.
- Writing: Independent construction of written text to communicate in a purposeful context.
The qualification has been contextualised specifically for the active leisure, learning and well-being sector, making for a more engaging and relevant experience for your learners.
This makes them ideal if you deliver advanced level apprenticeships in the active leisure, learning and well-being sector.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to the registration of the 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2 learners are required to be at least 14 years of age.
The 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2 is a one-unit qualification, which is split across three components.
|1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2
|Speaking, Listening and Communication
The following resources are provided to help implement, deliver, assess and quality assure the qualification:
- Online Administration guidance and tools for recognised centres enable you to process learners quickly and effectively providing you information at the click of a button.
- The Qualification specification provides vital information regarding the requirements of the qualification in terms of criteria, workforce, delivery and assessment.
- An internal assessment and guidance pack for the speaking, listening and communication component of the 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 1 provides a comprehensive resource to enable centres to effectively assess learner performance in this area.
- External papers provide an assessment of the reading and writing components of the 1st4sport Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 1. These papers are planned and invigilated by the centre but marked by 1st4sport.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and a Certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: