1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning
In partnership with:
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
|Guided Learning Hours||40|
|Total Qualification Time||122|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/1885/9|
|Apprenticeships||Knowledge component of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership (coaching pathway)|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/05/2011|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2019|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning has been developed in partnership with Parkour UK, the governing body of sport for parkour/freerunning, and is the second qualification on the parkour/freerunning coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the processes and principles of coaching parkour/freerunning to adults and children. The Certificate offers an opportunity for parkour/freerunning coaches to be supported in developing the knowledge of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate a series of parkour/freerunning coaching sessions in a safe, ethical and effective manner. Those who complete this Certificate will be able to work as a parkour/freerunning coach, either alone or as part of a larger group of practitioners of parkour/freerunning.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Learners are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age
- hold a valid first aid certificate (HSE approved, minimum of three hours)
- have attended a child protection/safeguarding workshop recognised by Parkour UK
- hold the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning or equivalent.
The above prerequisites, for those who do not already hold the appropriate evidence, will normally be provided by recognised centres as part of the learning programme.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Unit Reference No.||GLH||Credit|
|201||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||J/601/2101||22||3|
|202||Understanding How to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport||Y/601/2104||12||2|
|203||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport||H/601/2106||16||2|
|204||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice||M/601/2108||13||2|
|205||Plan a Series of Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Sessions||D/503/1890||8||2|
|206||Prepare the Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Environment||A/503/1914||13||2|
|207||Deliver a Series of Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Sessions||F/503/1901||16||3|
|208||Monitor and Evaluate Parkour/Freerunning Coaching Sessions||F/503/1915||8||2|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning Qualification Specification, Handbook and Unit Specifications outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification, including a recommended learning programme
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Parkour/Freerunning Learner Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools
- information handouts.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
Organisations are unable to apply to become recognised and approved to deliver this qualification unless the governing body has granted permission, please contact Parkour UK in the first instance.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.