1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Wrestling
In partnership with:
(access partner website
using logo above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|Guided Learning Hours
|Total Qualification Time
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with British Wrestling, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Wrestling is the first qualification on the wrestling coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners aged 16 and over with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching wrestling. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of wrestling. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist other, more qualified coaches in delivering wrestling coaching sessions to participants of all ages.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- hold a valid emergency aid certificate
- be Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked.
The above prerequisites, for those who do not already hold the appropriate evidence, will normally be provided by recognised centres as part of the learning programme.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
||Unit Reference No.
||Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
||Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport
||Principles of Conducting Coaching Activities in Sport
||Principles of Evaluating Coaching Activities in Sport
||Planning Wrestling Coaching Activities
||Conducting Wrestling Coaching Activities
||Evaluating Wrestling Coaching Activities
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification, including a recommended learning programme
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Wrestling Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Wrestling Learner Pack
- assessment tools
- British Wrestling Fact File
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you are interested in offering this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: