1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rounders
(access partner website
using logo above)
Shop for rounders and generic coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|Guided Learning Hours||24|
|Total Qualification Time||121|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||501/2227/7|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/12/2010|
|Qualification Review Date||30/06/2020|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with Rounders England, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rounders is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the processes and principles of coaching rounders to adults and children. The Certificate offers an opportunity for rounders coaches to be supported in developing their knowledge of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate a series of rounders coaching sessions in a safe, ethical and effective manner. Those who complete this Certificate will be able to work as a rounders coach, either alone or as part of a larger coaching team.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on theEQF Portal.
Learners are required to:
- be at least 17 years of age to register
- hold a minimum of the NRA Level 1 Coach Award or 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders, or a current UKCC-endorsed Level 2 coaching award from another striking and fielding sport
- be able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
NB: Learners may attend the course of training and assessment if they are over 17 years of age. However, due to the level of responsibility associated with the role, they will not be certificated until they are 18 years of age.
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Reference No.||GLH||Credit|
|201||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||J/601/2101||22||3|
|202||Understanding How to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport||Y/601/2104||12||2|
|203||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport||H/601/2106||16||2|
|204||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice||M/601/2108||13||2|
|205||Plan a Series of Rounders Coaching Sessions||T/602/5667||9||2|
|206||Prepare the Rounders Coaching Environment||A/602/5668||14||2|
|207||Deliver a Series of Rounders Coaching Sessions||F/602/5669||16||3|
|208||Monitor and Evaluate Rounders Coaching Sessions||F/602/5672||6||2|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rounders Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rounders Learner Portfolio
- internal and independent assessment tools
- Rounders England Level 2 Coaching Handbook
- Rounders England Level 2 Skills Cards
- Rounders England Health and Safety Guidelines for Coaching.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.