1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders
In partnership with:
(access partner website
using logo above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for rounders and generic coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|Guided Learning Hours
|Total Qualification Time
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with Rounders England, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders is the first qualification on the rounders coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching rounders. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of rounders. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist other, more qualified coaches in delivering rounders coaching sessions to players of all ages.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Learners are required to:
- be at least 15 years of age to attend a course of training
- be able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
NB: Learners cannot be certificated for the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders until they are 16 years of age.
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Conducting Coaching Activities in Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Evaluating Coaching Activities in Sport
||Planning Rounders Coaching Activities
||Conducting Rounders Coaching Activities
||Evaluating Rounders Coaching Activities
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders Learner Portolio
- internal and independent assessment tools
- Rounders Coaching Handbook – Level 1
- Rounders Skills Cards
- Rounders Small Games Cards.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: