1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Performance Motor Sport
In partnership with:
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
|Guided Learning Hours||32|
|Total Qualification Time||126|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||601/1857/X|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||21/10/2013|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2019|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the Motor Sports Association, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Performance Motor Sport is the first qualification on the performance motor sport coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners aged 17 and over with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching performance motor sport. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of performance motor sport. Those who complete this Certificate will be able to coach drivers in a performance environment independently.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
To register for the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Performance Motor Sport, learners are expected to:
- hold a valid full UK driving licence
- be 17 years of age
- hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- Introduction to Coaching Motor Sport Award
- ARDS Grade B or above
- BARS Grade A or above
- ARKS Grade A or above
- AHASS Instructor
- be able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
To be certificated for the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Performance Motor Sport, learners are required to be 18 years of age.
There are no additional prerequisites to certification, other than successful completion of the required assessments.
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Reference number||Level||GLH||Credit|
|1||Understanding the fundamentals of coaching sport||J/601/2101||2||22||3|
|2||Understanding how to develop participants through coaching sport||Y/601/2104||2||12||2|
|3||Supporting participants’ lifestyle through coaching sport||H/601/2106||2||16||2|
|4||Understanding the principles of safe and equitable coaching practice||M/601/2108||2||13||2|
|5||Plan a series of performance motor sport coaching sessions||F/505/7074||2||9||2|
|6||Prepare the performance motor sport coaching environment||J/505/7075||2||14||2|
|7||Deliver a series of performance motor sport coaching sessions||L/505/7076||2||16||2|
|8||Monitor and evaluate performance motor sport coaching sessions||R/505/7077||2||6||2|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Performance Motor Sport delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Performance Motor Sport Learner Pack
- internal assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.