1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Fives
In partnership with:
|Guided Learning Hours||27|
|Total Qualification Time||94|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/5156/5|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/05/2012|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2019|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) *.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section.
Developed in partnership with the Fives Federation**, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Fives is the first qualification on the fives coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners aged 15 and over with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching fives. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of fives. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist other, more qualified coaches in delivering fives coaching sessions to players of all ages.
* Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The Fives Federation is composed of the Eton Fives Association (EFA), Rugby Fives Association (RFA) and Wallball UK.
Learners are required to be a minimum of:
- 15 years of age (on the first day of the learning programme) for registration
- 16 years of age to attain certification.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Unit Reference No.||GLH||Credit|
|101||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||D/601/3531||6||1|
|102||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport||H/601/3532||10||1|
|103||Understanding the Principles of Conducting Coaching Activities in Sport||K/601/3533||10||1|
|104||Understanding the Principles of Evaluating Coaching Activities in Sport||M/601/3534||7||1|
|105||Planning Fives Coaching Activities||H/503/9697||6||1|
|106||Conducting Fives Coaching Activities||K/503/9698||6||1|
|107||Evaluating Fives Coaching Activities||M/503/9699||4||1|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Fives Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Fives Learner Pack
- internal and independent assessment tools
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Fives USB stick containing electronic task templates and additional resource information.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification sits on the regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.