1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Boccia
In partnership with:
(access partner websites
using logos above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
|Certification End Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the National Source Group for Boccia** and specifically the Boccia Coach Education and Development Group (BCEDG), the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Boccia is the second qualification on the boccia coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners aged 17 and over with an opportunity to study and be assessed on both the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching boccia to groups of adults and children in an appropriate environment. Learners will develop an understanding of safe, ethical and effective boccia coaching. The Certificate qualifies learners to coach the skills and techniques of the sport of boccia, as identified in the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Boccia Technical Syllabus, to groups of adults and children. The qualification might be used to generate evidence for other vocationally related boccia coaching qualifications.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The National Source Group for Boccia is composed of Boccia England, Scottish Disability Sport, Boccia Northern Ireland, Sport Wales and GB Boccia.
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be at least 17 years of age
- hold a UKCC 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Boccia or submit evidence for recognition of prior learning (RPL) in exceptional cases
- be able to communicate effectively in English2 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Prior to certification, learners are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age
- hold a valid emergency first aid qualification
- hold a safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults certificate
- have an enhanced disclosure certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service), checked through BCEDG, or equivalent.
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
||Unit Reference No.
||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
||Understanding How to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport
||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport
||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice
||Plan a Series of Boccia Coaching Sessions
||Prepare the Boccia Coaching Environment
||Deliver a Series of Boccia Coaching Sessions
||Monitor and Evaluate Boccia Coaching Sessions
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Boccia Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance to Assessment Pack
- assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Boccia Learner Pack
- assessment tools
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Boccia CD-ROM.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
Organisations are unable to apply to become recognised and approved to deliver this qualification unless the governing body has granted permission, please contact Boccia England in the first instance.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: