1st4sport Certificate for Coaches in Badminton at Level 2
|Guided Learning Hours(Total Qualification Time)||33 (130)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/5446/X|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/02/2020|
|Qualification Review Date||31/01/2023|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with Badminton England, the 1st4sport Certificate for Coaches in Badminton at Level 2 provides learners aged 17 and over with an opportunity to study and be assessed on both the theoretical and practical aspects of coaching badminton in either a club or talent development environment. They will develop their knowledge of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate a series of badminton coaching sessions in a safe, ethical and effective manner in their chosen coaching environment. The Certificate qualifies holders to coach the skills and techniques of the sport of badminton to players of all ages in either a club or talent development setting.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to the certification, learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 17 years of age
- hold the 1st4sport Level 1 Award for Assistant Coaches in Badminton, Foundation Award for Coaches in Badminton or recognised equivalent
- be able to communicate effectively in English. (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Please note, the learner will not be certificated for this qualification prior to their 18th birthday
This qualification consists of five mandatory units and two pathway units.
Learners must successfully complete all five mandatory units and one pathway unit to achieve the qualification.
|Mandatory Units||Reference number||Level||GLH|
|1||The role of the coach in Badminton||R/617/9366||2||11|
|2||Plan a series of coaching sessions in Badminton||Y/617/9367||2||5|
|3||Deliver a series of Badminton coaching sessions||D/617/9368||2||8|
|4||Review a series of Badminton coaching sessions||H/617/9369||2||5|
|5||Technical Coaching Requirements for Badminton||D/617/9371||2||7|
|Optional Pathway Units||Reference number||Level||GLH|
|6||Coaching in a badminton club environment||H/617/9372||2||8|
|7||Coaching in a badminton talent environment||K/617/9373||2||8|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner ePortfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification; this is an ePortfolio hosted on Badminton England Moodle site.
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance, which includes a learning programme, sample answers to support you when assessing your students and internal quality assurance tools
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification
- 1st4sport Certificate for Coaches in Badminton at Level 2 Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Certificate for Coaches in Badminton at Level 2 Learner ePortfolio
- Badminton England Coaching Resources (available via the Badminton England Moodle platform)
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification is only available through Badminton England. If you would like a course facilitating, please contact Badminton England to discuss your requirements.
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.