|Guided Learning Hours (Total Qualification Time)||126 (166)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||601/7678/7|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/09/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||30/09/2019|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Sport and Physical Activities is designed to provide a benefit for learners by introducing them to the scope of the Active Leisure Industry and the skills required for employment within the sport and physical activity sector. Learners will have the opportunity to participate in sports and physical activities, developing an understanding of the rules and safety considerations. They will then apply this knowledge by developing the ability to lead sport and physical activity sessions.
Successful learners will develop a series of key transferable skills which include:
- researching an employment sector to establish development pathways (academic and vocational)
- exploring how to manage and maintain professional relationships within the industry
- participating in a range of physical activities; recognising rules, safety considerations and resource requirements
- planning, leading and evaluating safe and inclusive sport and physical activities and sessions.
The learner will be required to explore the Active Leisure, sport and physical activity industry in order to identify various professional and academic opportunities available to them, a skill which can be applied across all employment industries. Successful learners will be able to make informed decisions relating to their future should they wish to enter this industry.
Attendance on the qualification supports active and healthy lifestyles, in line with the Sport England Participation Agenda and other health and active lifestyle initiatives.
Examination Windows 2017/18
The ACTIVTECH Qualifications Assessment Windows for 2017/18 year are:
- Assessment Window 1 2017/18 – Week commencing November 20th – 24th November and week commencing November 27th – 1st December 2017
- Assessment Window 2 2017/18 – Week commencing 30th April – 4th May and week commencing 7th May – 11th May 2018.
As part of our Examinations process we require all centres to give us 20 working days’ notice of learners they intend to enter for the external assessment/exams within the Assessment Window.
* Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- at least 14 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English.
Prior to being certificated for this qualification, learners must additionally evidence the following:
- successful completion of all related 1st4sport assessed tasks, enabling full coverage of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria for this qualification
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Unit Reference No.||GLH|
|1||Career Pathways in Active Leisure||A/507/8134||36|
|2||Participating in Sport and Physical Activity||
|3||Creating and Maintaining Professional Relationships in Active Leisure||F/507/8135||30|
|4||Leading Sport and Physical Activities||L/507/8137||30|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you.
- full and comprehensive Learning and Assessment Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance notes, which include units of work, lesson plans and tutor PowerPoint presentations alongside sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Sport and Physical Activities Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the qualification is supported by the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Sport and Physical Activities Learning and Assessment Portfolios.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you are interested in applying for centre recognition or Qualification Approval for this qualification, please email [email protected] for further details
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.