|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)||26 (180)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/1506/8|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/04/2011|
|Qualification Review Date||31/03/2019|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with SkillsActive**, the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance is an occupational qualification that provides learners aged 16–19 with an opportunity to be assessed on their ability to work towards, and fulfil, the role and requirements of an elite sports performer. The qualification is aimed at identified talented sports performers who have entered into a training and development programme within their sport, and in conjunction with the appropriate governing body of sport.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**SkillsActive is the officially recognised and licensed organisation that sets the quality standards for skills, offers effective training solutions and facilitates career development in the sport, fitness, outdoors, playwork and caravan industries.
Only learners who are accepted on to the Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellent (AASE) programme will be able to access and achieve the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance. AASE entry routes are only open to:
- full-time contracted apprentices at professional clubs
- full-time elite athletes receiving support from the lottery world class programme and identified by their governing body of sport
- young people involved in the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS)
- talented young people in the ‘academy environment’ at professional clubs who have not yet been offered full-time terms.
You will need to refer to governing bodies of sport for further information on entry and eligibility to access the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Unit Reference Number||GLH||Credit|
|Plan, Apply and Evaluate Own Technical Skills to Achieve Excellence in Sport||F/503/0781||3||20|
|Plan, Apply and Evaluate Own Tactical Skills to Achieve Excellence in Sport||J/503/0779||3||20|
|Plan, Apply and Evaluate Own Physical Capability to Achieve Excellence in Sport||R/503/0784||3||30|
|Plan, Apply and Evaluate Own Nutritional Programme to Achieve Excellence in Sport||Y/503/0785||3||15|
|Plan, Apply and Evaluate Own Mental Skills and Attitudes to Achieve Excellence in Sport||D/503/0786||3||30|
|Plan and Manage Own Lifestyle to Achieve Excellence in Sport||H/503/0787||3||15|
|Manage Own Career in Sport||F/503/0795||2||15|
|Communicate and Work Effectively with Other People to Achieve Excellence in Sport||J/503/0796||3||20|
|Maintain the Health and Safety of Self and Others at Training and Competition Venues||L/503/0797||2||15|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of units and mapping grids to help you deliver and assess the qualification; for some sports, templates are provided to assist learners in generating evidence – these have be produced if requested by governing bodies of sport that feel their learners would benefit from a little additional support
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include guidance on assessment methods, information about acceptable forms of evidence and how to use our comprehensive mapping grids
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Achieving Excellence in Sports Performance Learner Pack.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
NB: As this qualification is restricted to learners accepted on to the AASE programme, we are required to confirm with SkillsActive and the relevant governing body of sport that you are engaged in the programme before we are able to grant qualification approval for this qualification.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.