1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
|Guided Learning Hours (Credits)||295 (48)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||601/6794/4|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/12/2015|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2021|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2024|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training helps learners develop the skills and knowledge required to be able to work unsupervised as a personal trainer within a fitness environment. Learners will be assessed on a variety of areas, including:
- aspects of anatomy and physiology
- designing, delivering and evaluating personal training programmes
- promoting and ensuring the health, safety and welfare of others in active leisure and recreation
In addition to the above learners can also undertake an additional module which focuses on how to plan, market and sell services.
The qualification delivery and assessment model has been designed by 1st4sport; supported by technical experts, employers and the industry.
* Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration learners are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- at least 16 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English.
There are no further prerequisites prior to certification other than successful completion of all related 1st4sport assessed tasks, enabling full coverage of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria for this qualification.
It is strongly recommended that learners hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (or equivalent) prior to registering onto this qualification, however this is not a requirement.
The qualification is comprised of nine mandatory units and one optional unit. Learners must successfully achieve all mandatory units to achieve the qualification, and may choose to complete the optional unit if relevant to them.
|Unit Title||Unit Reference No.||GLH||Level|
|1||Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health||A/600/9051||43||3|
|2||Principles of exercise, fitness and health||A/600/9017||28||2|
|3||Promote Health, Safety and Welfare in Active Leisure and Recreation||D/601/4484||30||2|
|4||Motivate Clients to Maintain Long Term Adherence to Exercise and Physical Activity||K/601/7758||15||3|
|5||Reflect On and Develop Own Practice in Providing Exercise and Physical Activity||F/601/7362||23||2|
|6||Evaluate Exercise and Physical Activity Programmes||M/601/7759||14||3|
|7||Apply the Principles of Nutrition to Support Client Goals as Part of an Exercise and Physical Activity Programme||M/601/7762||42||3|
|8||Deliver Exercise and Physical Activity as Part of a Personal Training Programme||K/601/7761||70||3|
|9||Design, Manage and Adapt a Personal Training Programme with Clients||H/601/7760||30||3|
|10||Plan, Market and Sell Services||T/601/7763||26||3|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- assessment papers, to allow the assessment of knowledge through a series of multiple choice questions
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance notes, which includes a sample learning programme to support delivery, sample answers to support assessment and sample internal quality assurance tools to support the quality assurance of the qualification
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
- internal assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training Learner Portfolio
- internal assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
To apply to become a recognised centre for approved to deliver this qualification please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.