1st4sport Level 3 Certificate for Head Coaches in Badminton
In partnership with:
(access partner websites
using logos above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
|Certification End Date
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).*
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the National Source Group for Badminton**, the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate for Head Coaches in Badminton is designed to provide learners aged 18 and over with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to deliver an annual coaching programme to either adults or young people. The Certificate offers an opportunity for learners to effectively apply the principles of performance profiling, goal setting and designing, planning, delivering and evaluating an annual badminton coaching programme. It also aims to support learners in creating an effective coaching environment, establishing supportive working relationships and managing the behaviour of players and others.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The National Source Group for Badminton is composed of the constituent governing bodies for badminton in the UK (Badminton Wales, BADMINTONscotland and BADMINTON England).
To register, learners are required to:
- be at least 18 years of age,
- hold the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate for Coaches in Badminton or the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Badminton or home country equivalent.
The qualification is divided into the following six mandatory units:
|The Head Coach in Badminton
|Plan a Badminton Coaching Programme
|Deliver a Badminton Coaching Programme
|Developing Skills Through Badminton Coaching Programmes
|Review a Badminton Coaching Programme
|Technical requirements for Head Coaches in Badminton
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and internal quality assurance guidance, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate for Head Coaches in Badminton Delivery, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate for Head Coaches in Badminton Learner Portfolio
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate for Head Coaches in Badminton assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification is only available through Badminton England as the Recognised Centre. Centres wishing to run a course should contact Badminton England and request they facilitate a course for your learners.
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: