1st4sport Level 2 Triathlon Coach
In partnership with:
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for triathlon and generic coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|Guided Learning Hours (Total Qualification Time)||50 (110)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/0404/2|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/09/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2020|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2022|
|Qualification Purpose Statement||Download|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the British Triathlon Federation, working closely with Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon, the 1st4sport Level 2 Triathlon Coach qualification is designed to provide learners aged 18 and over with knowledge and understanding of the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching triathlon. The level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective coaching of triathlon. Those who complete this qualification will be able to deliver progressive triathlon coaching sessions to adults and children, ether independently or part of a larger coaching team.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration for the qualification learners are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 18 years of age
- have knowledge, understanding and experience of the sport of triathlon
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
NB: It is also strongly recommended that learners have appropriate insurance cover before undertaking any coaching practice. Those working with children will be required ‘by an employer’ to have been positively vetted by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The qualification is divided into the following mandatory components:
|Component Title||Reference number||GLH||TQT|
|1||The role of the coach in triathlon||F/615/2096||10||20|
|2||Plan a series of triathlon coaching sessions||R/615/2104||10||20|
|3||Deliver a series of triathlon coaching sessions||A/615/2100||10||20|
|4||Review a series triathlon of coaching sessions||D/615/2106||10||20|
|5||Technical coaching requirements for triathlon||M/615/2112||10||30|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Workbooks and Assessment materials, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor and internal quality assurance guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your students
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Triathlon Coach Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach including a delivery model, exemplar assessment answers and tools and templates to support internal quality assurance
- Internal assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Triathlon Coach Learner Workbook
- 1st4sport Level 2 Triathlon Coach Learner Record of Achievement
- Internal assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
Organisations are unable to apply to become recognised and approved to deliver this qualification unless the governing body has granted permission, please contact British Triathlon in the first instance.
Once approval from British Triathlon has been given, please email [email protected] to request qualification approval for this qualification.
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service Website.