|Guided Learning Hours (Total Qualification Time)||16 (21)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||601/8277/1|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/01/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2019|
|Qualification Purpose Statement||Download|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with Skateboard England, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Skateboard Sessions is the first regulated qualification for skateboarding to be developed. The qualification prepares learners for employment as a session coach in skateboarding. As a level 1 session coach in skateboarding, learners will be able to plan, independently deliver and evaluate individual sessions to increase participation within the sport to participants of all ages.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration for the qualification learners are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 18 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- attend a recognised safeguarding course
Note: It is recommended that learners have basic skateboarding skills (including pushing off, turning and stopping correctly) and can confidently stand on a board. Where learners identify this may be a barrier they should contact the centre for further guidance and clarification.
There are no additional prerequisites to certification other than successful coverage of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria (usually demonstrated via successful completion of all assessed tasks in the 1st4sport Learner Portfolio).
The qualification is divided into the following three components:
|Unit Title||Reference number||GLH||Level|
|The role of the skateboarding session coach||F/507/9656||6||1|
|The skateboarding session coach in practice||J/507/9657||14||1|
|Technical coaching requirements for skateboarding||L/507/9658||12||1|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Skateboard Sessions Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Skateboard Sessions Learner Portfolio
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
If you would like to become a recognised centre approved to deliver this qualification, please contact us at [email protected]
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.