1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Gymnastics
In partnership with:
Visit the British Gymnastics website
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
Shop for gymnastics and generic coaching books and resources at 1st4sport.com.
|GLH (TQT)||32 (50)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/06/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/12/2020|
|Certification End Date||31/12/2021|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section.
Developed in partnership with British Gymnastics (BG), the education arm of gymnastics, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Gymnastics is the first qualification on the gymnastics coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching gymnastics. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of gymnastics. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist other, more qualified coaches in delivering gymnastics coaching sessions to participants of all ages.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Learners are required to be a minimum of 16 years of age prior to registration.
The qualification is divided into three mandatory units:
|Unit Title||Accreditation Number||GLH|
|The Role of the Coaching Assistant in Gymnastics||K/508/5113||8|
|The Gymnastics coaching Assistant in Practice||M/508/5114||8|
|Technical Requirements for Assistant Coaches in Gymnastics||T/508/5115||16|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and internal quality assurance guidance, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Gymnastics Delivery, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Approach
- internal and independent assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Gymnastics Learner Portfolio
- internal and independent assessment tools
- discipline-specific handbook
- CD-ROM containing electronic assessment tasks and BG documentation.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. Centre recognition, qualification approval and annual centre fees may also be applicable.
This qualification is only available through British Gymnastics as the Recognised Centre. centres looking to run a course should contact British Gymnastics and request they facilitate a course for your learners.
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.