1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
Qualification Number: 603/1419/9
This qualification is designed to provide benefit to you through the skills and knowledge required to enable you to understand participants and their needs, develop your knowledge of multi-skills development in sport and prepares you to demonstrate practical coaching skills in the context of the fundamentals of movement, fundamental movement skills and fundamental sports skills. The qualification is composed of a single mandatory unit.
The qualification is recognised as the industry standard level 2 qualification for multi-skills development in sport by UK Coaching. It is also recognised by and has the support of a range of providers including FE colleges.
The qualification is designed to provide qualified coaches with an introduction to the processes and principles of supporting child development through multi-skills. This will include understanding how to support child development through multi-skills via the practical coaching of linked and progressive multi-skills sessions.
Prior to registration you are required to:
- be appropriately identified
- be at least 17 years of age
- hold or be working towards a minimum of a recognised Level 2 sports specific coaching qualification or equivalent. Equivalent qualifications must include evidence of planning, delivering and reviewing coaching sessions. The following are examples:
– Level 2 Award in the Principles for Coaching Sport
– Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport
– Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
– A Level 2 sports coach
– Accredited Gym Instructor qualification
– QTS + Physical Education specialism
– BSc Degree in Sports Coaching (inclusive of practical delivery)
– or other equivalent based on individual application.
- be able to communicate effectively in English.
You must be 18 years of age to coach independently.
This qualification leads to further learning or training in the area of coaching sport. This qualification may lead to paid or voluntary roles relating to coaching multi-skills.
The skills and knowledge developed through this qualification may also be used to enable you to progress to other industry-relevant qualifications in coaching other sports, activity leadership, supporting Physical Education in schools sport and sports development. You may wish to progress to the 1st4sport Level 3 Award in the Principles for Coaching Sport qualification to broaden your knowledge and understanding of the principles for coaching.
Recognised centres offering this qualification determine their own fees, and they will vary from centre to centre. The fees charged should entitle you to a programme of learning and assessment, registration and certification for the qualification and a 1st4sport Learner Pack. For further information on the costs of courses, please contact a recognised centre. Opportunities for funding may also be available via a recognised centre, if you are eligible.