1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
Qualification Number: 601/6792/0
The qualification is designed to provide benefit to you by supporting you in your role in the workplace as a personal trainer, and also preparing learners for employment in this area. The aim of this qualification is to help learners develop the skills and knowledge required to be able to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. Learners will be assessed on a variety of areas, including:
- aspects of anatomy and physiology
- designing, delivering and evaluating personal training programmes
- promoting and ensuring the health, safety and welfare of others in active leisure and recreation
In addition to the above you can also undertake an additional module which focuses on how to plan, market and sell services.
The qualification is composed of nine mandatory units and one optional unit.
The qualification is recognised as the industry standard level 3 qualification for personal training and successful learners will be able to seek REPS membership at Level 3.
The qualification is designed to prepare individuals for employment in paid or voluntary roles in personal training.
To register for this qualification, you must:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 16 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing. You must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.)
There are no additional prerequisites to certification other than the successful completion of the required assessments.
It is strongly recommended that you hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (or equivalent) prior to registering onto this qualification.
This qualification leads to paid or voluntary roles in personal training in a variety of settings, but most commonly within a fitness club environment.
The skills and knowledge developed through completion of his qualification may also be used enable you to progress to other industry-relevant qualifications in coaching sport, leadership, supporting PE in school sport and sports development. Following a period of practice as a qualified Level 3 personal trainer, you may also choose to add specialisms to your knowledge base. These would allow you to work with individuals with specific medical conditions including:
- managing lower back pain
- managing obese and diabetic clients
- working with individuals with mental health conditions
Recognised centres offering this qualification determine their own fees, and they will vary from centre to centre. The fees charged should entitle you to a programme of learning and assessment, registration and certification for the qualification, a 1st4sport Learner Pack and an appropriate learning resource.
For further information on the costs of courses, please contact a recognised centre. Opportunities for funding may be available via a recognised centre, if you are eligible.