1st4sport Level 1 Award for Activators [Multi Skills]
Qualification Number: 601/8841/8
This qualification is designed to provide benefit to learners on the basis that it prepares them for deployment as an activator in multi skills. Successful achievement of the qualification will enable activators in multi skills to facilitate extra curricula activities in schools and community participation programmes. The qualification is designed to support community development, with the aspiration to tackle deprivation, radicalisation whilst supporting health, wellbeing and participation initiatives.
Prior to registration for the qualification learners are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 14 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
The qualification is designed for those who wish to become an activator in multi skills. Learners may include:
- young people aged 14+
- people involved in volunteering in the community
- parents of children
- people involved in facilitating activities in holiday parks
- people involved in facilitating in a variety of health schemes
- people involved in working with older people
- people working in youth clubs or youth groups
- people working in further and higher education
- people involved in core city programmes
This qualification may lead to paid employment or unpaid voluntary roles as an activator in multi skills.
The qualification will enable successful learners to progress to sports-specific coaching qualifications. The skills and knowledge developed may also be used to enable learners to progress to other industry-relevant qualifications in coaching sport, activity leadership, higher education institution activity programmes, supporting PE in school sport and sports development.
Recognised centres offering this qualification determine their own fees, and they will vary from centre to centre. The fees charged should entitle you to a programme of learning and assessment, registration and certification for the qualification, a 1st4sport Learner Pack and an appropriate learning resource. For further information on the costs of courses, please contact a recognised centre. Opportunities for funding may be available via a recognised centre, if you are eligible.