COVID-19 Update – Remote EPAs
We are pleased to announce that we’ve gained approval to deliver remote End-Point Assessments in Equine Groom and Outdoor Activity Instructor.
This is following the temporary guidance for apprenticeships, which has been set out by iFATE during the pandemic. You can read more about this here:
- EQA/EPA Guidance during COVID-19
- COVID-19: Guidance for apprentices, employers, training providers, end-point assessment organisations and external quality assurance providers
If you’d like to discuss this further, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at [email protected]
All apprenticeship standards now contain an end-point assessment (EPA).
EPA is a final, independent assessment of an apprentice that gives employers confidence that apprentices can perform in the occupation they have been trained in.
The EPA must be conducted by an independent organisation that is listed on the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations. You can find out more information about the Register and which organisations deliver a particular standard on GOV.UK
1st4sport is a specialist sports and physical activity EPA organisation, approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). We already offer EPA for:
- Level 2 Equine Groom
- Level 3 Senior Equine Groom
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor
- Level 2 Community Activator Coach
- Level 4 Sports Coach
Why choose 1st4sport?
1st4sport is an organisation you can trust
Talus – Apprentice Management Solution
We use Talus as our Apprenticeship Management Solution. Talus is an EPA management system that manages and monitors the entire End- Point Assessment process from registration to completion. This cost-effective solution offers a streamlined process for all delivery partners to centrally store and share apprentice information, securely and paper-free.
The structure of Talus is built around five core areas:
- Assign Assessor and Schedule EPA
- Manage the assessments in the EPA itself
The 1st4sport EPA Journey
Our step by step EPA process is easy for you to follow.
What’s more, our EPA advisors will be on hand to guide you through every step of the journey.
After signing the 1st4sport EPA agreement, you’ll receive a welcome call and a step by step guide to help you progress your apprentices through the 1st4sport EPA journey. What’s more, we’ll put you in touch with a 1st4sport advisor who will support you throughout the process.
The earlier you register apprentices for an EPA, the more support you’ll get. At this stage, your key contact will get access to all the 1st4sport resources and templates to help you prepare apprentices for their EPA.
Booking an EPA
The earlier you submit your preferred dates for an EPA, the more chance you’ll have of securing them. You’ll need to submit your booking a minimum of 60 days in advance of the EPA. We will of course confirm your booking in writing.
The EPA takes place at the end of the apprenticeship after all the on-programme training has been completed, after the gateway has been passed and when you are confident that the apprentice meets or exceeds the Occupational Standards.
The methods of assessment always include a discussion and observation of the practical by a 1st4sport assessor.
Prior to the assessment, you’ll submit the apprentice’s portfolio for the appointed 1st4sport assessor to review.
Find out more by requesting our information pack below.
EPA Results and Certificate
After the assessment, you’ll receive a grading notification and a digital certificate to present to your apprentice.
- Equine Groom: £695
- Senior Equine Groom: £795
- Outdoor Activity Instructor: £845
- Community Activator Coach: £795
- Level 4 Sports Coach: £1,500
For each of the standards, the EPA fee will be invoiced in two instalments, with 20% of the overall cost payable at the point of apprentice registration and the remaining 80% as gateway is passed and EPA is scheduled.
As an organisation with 50 plus apprentices on programme at any one point, we have tried to make things easier by charging the main payment towards the end of the apprenticeship journey.
Therefore, the EPA Fee will be invoiced in two instalments; one at the point of apprentice registration (a small £25 Registration Fee) and the second covering the remaining balance (the Booking Fee) as gateway is passed and EPA is scheduled.
As a training provider, you can access funding to pay for your on-programme resources at the start of the Apprenticeship Programme, through the TNP1 Record. It would be budgeted into the Total Negotiated Price (TNP) rather than the Negotiated Price for Assessment. You can find further information here.
Get in touch
Telephone: 0113 290 7600