From football matches to pop concerts, you can make sure spectators enjoy coming back again and again to well-managed events, free from safety concerns. All you have to do is become a 1st4sport recognised centre and apply to deliver the qualifications within the 1st4sport Spectator Safety Suite.
Raising the bar in the field of spectator safety the Suite consists of:
The 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events offers learners a qualification that provides the knowledge and skills required to steward legally and effectively. This makes it a perfect introduction for those with no experience of stewarding. The NVQs take candidates to the next stage by providing confirmation of their competence in the workplace.
These qualifications give stewards the flexibility to work at any type of live event meeting the minimum requirements for stewards’ competence for employment, as detailed in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide).
> Find out why Wembley National Stadium uses the 1st4sport Spectator Safety Suite.
1st4sport Qualifications has added these qualifications to the 1st4sport Spectator Safety Suite:
Both are essential qualifications to complement any spectator safety training programme.
1st4sport Qualifications have developed a Learner Pack which allows your learners to complete both the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events (QCF) and the 1st4sport Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety (QCF), with reduced assessment burden. Four of the previous nine tasks contained within the 1st4sport Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety (QCF) have been removed, yet both qualification requirements are still thoroughly met.
This means your learners save even more time as the assessment work they have to complete is dramatically reduced!
Unlike many other awarding bodies, which just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go a step further by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which support you and your staff in the delivery, assessment and quality assurance of the qualifications.
Comprehensive package of training and assessment
Choose to offer this Suite of qualifications to provide your learners with a totally flexible, streamlined and progressive approach, and make running your courses more straightforward.
- Flexible: A choice of qualifications to suit each learner’s individual circumstances.
- Streamlined: The recognition of prior learning (RPL) option of integrating the underpinning knowledge and components of assessment from the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events to the 1st4sport Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety means that much of the evidence required to achieve the NVQ has already been generated (through RPL) – reducing the duplication of work and saving you time and money.
- Progressive: Whether learners are new to the industry or experienced and looking to advance to a more senior role, the qualifications within the Suite provide a progressive pathway for them to follow.
Don’t just take our word for see what some existing centres have had to say:
“By offering the Spectator Safety Qualifications: 1st4sport L2AUSSE, 1st4sport L2NVQSSQ and 1st4sport L3NVQSS, 1st4sport has provided us with an excellent training and assessment package that has made delivering the courses straightforward and enabled us to access more funding.”
Head of Centre of Excellence, National Skills
Academy, Wembley National Stadium Limited
“Introducing 1st4sport’s qualifications at Chelsea Football Club has moved stewarding to a new level.”
Jill Dawson, Safety Officer, Chelsea Football Club
Administration making your life simpler
The registration and certification of learners could not be simpler, with our time-saving online system giving you access to your learners’ records at the click of a button!
Organisations new to 1st4sport
If you are not already a 1st4sport recognised centre, you need to apply to become one. The first step is to check you can meet the Centre Recognition and Qualification Approval Criteria for the qualification you are interested in delivering and submit the forms to us.
You can find more information on this process by visiting: Five Steps to Becoming a 1st4sport Recognised Centre.
Please note: you will not be able to become recognised or approved until you have confirmed that you can meet these criteria.
Existing 1st4sport recognised centres
If you are already a 1st4sport recognised centre and would like to seek approval to deliver the qualification you are interested in, please check that your centre can meet the Qualification Approval Criteria.
You can find more information on this process by visiting: Four Steps to Becoming Approved to Deliver an Additional Qualification.
Please note: you will not be able to become approved until you have confirmed that you can meet these criteria.