1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport
|Qualification Accreditation Number||600/2718/6|
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)||13 (93)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||600/2718/6|
|Apprenticeships||Knowledge component of the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership (coaching and leadership pathways)|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/08/2010|
|Qualification Review Date||31/06/2018|
|Certification End Date||31/06/2020|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with industry experts including Skills Active the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport provides learners with both the theoretical and practical aspects around the principles of coaching sport. The qualification is ideal for those wishing to develop as a sports coach with progression opportunities to sport-specific based coaching qualifications.
However, it’s important to note that the qualification does not qualify learners to coach any particular sport; it simply provides learners with an introduction to the knowledge and skills required to be an effective sports coach.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Learners are required to be aged 14 years or over, prior to registration.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title||Unit Reference No||GLH||Credit|
|1||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport||J/601/2101||22||3|
|2||Understanding How to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport||Y/601/2104||12||2|
|3||Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport||H/601/2106||16||2|
|4||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice||M/601/2108||13||2|
|5||Assist in the Delivery of a Sports Activity Session||H/602/3087||30||4|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Packs
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport Learner Pack
- All associated assessment tools
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre. Further information on fees is available in your qualification application pack.
If you would like to offer this qualification, please contact [email protected]
This qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.