1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport
|GLH (TQT)||14 (58)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||603/1069/8|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01 February 2017|
|Qualification Review Date||31 January 2020|
|Certification End Date||31 January 2023|
|Qualification Purpose Statement||Download|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport is introductory tutoring and assessing qualification for individuals wanting to tutor and assess in sport, specifically relevant to delivering vocational sports coaching qualifications awarded by 1st4sport.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be 18 years or over
- hold a relevant vocational sports qualification in the subject area/sport they aspire to tutor and assess, and at least the same level.
- be able to communicate effectively in English1 (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
1 Learners must be able to understand the requirements of the qualification and the information within the qualification materials in English without assistance. Where there is demand, this qualification may also be available in Welsh or Irish.
The qualification is divided into the following three mandatory components:
|Unit Title||Accreditation No.||GLH||TQT|
|Inclusive teaching and learning in sport||A/615/4879||7||20|
|Assessment practice in sport||M/615/4880||7||27|
|Educational philosophy in sport||T/615/4881||0||11|
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Assessment Briefs, Tools and Templates, which include a full set of structured assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- Delivery, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance guidance, to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport Delivery, Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Approach
- assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport Learner Assessment Brief, Tolls and Templates
- assessment tools
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre. Further information on fees is available from your qualification application form.
Organisations new to 1st4sport
To register you interest to deliver this qualification, please email us at [email protected].
Centres who are not already recognised by 1st4sport can find more information on the centre recognition and qualification approvals process by visiting: Five Steps to Becoming a 1st4sport Recognised Centre.
Centres whoa are already recognised by 1st4sport can find more information on the qualification approval process by visiting: Four Steps to Becoming Approved to Deliver an Additional Qualification.
*Before you seek approval to deliver this qualification we encourage you to check that your workforce meets the workforce criteria for this qualification.
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit Learning Records Service website.