1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Squash (QCF)
In partnership with:
(access partner websites
using logos above)
“We’ve delivered 1st4sport qualifications for a number of years. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the quality of the qualification package and support they provide means I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Barry Dawson, Programme Leader, Level 2/3 Sport, Darlington College
|Qualification Accreditation Number
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours)
|SFA/LAD Funding Code
|Qualification Operational Start Date
|Qualification Review Date
|Qualification Purpose Statement
This qualification is equivalent to Level 4 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the National Source Group for Squash**, the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Squash (QCF) is designed to provide learners aged 18 and over with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to deliver an annual coaching programme to either adults or young people. The Certificate offers an opportunity for learners to effectively apply the principles of performance profiling, goal setting and designing, planning, delivering and evaluating an annual squash coaching programme. It also aims to support learners in creating an effective coaching environment, establishing supportive working relationships and managing the behaviour of players and others.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
**The National Source Group for Squash is composed of the constituent governing bodies of sport for squash in the UK (England Squash and Racketball, Scottish Squash and Racketball, and Squash Wales)
Prior to certification, learners are required to:
- be at least 18years of age
- hold a Level 2 UKCC coaching squash qualification or equivalent
- have evidence of attending a valid and recognised ‘Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults’ workshop or equivalent
- hold a valid emergency first-aid certificate.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
||Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice
||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Programmes
||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Programmes
||Understanding How to Support Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Programmes
||Analyse Participants’ Performance and Set Programme Goals in Squash
||Plan Coaching Programmes in Squash
||Manage Safe and Effective Squash Coaching Programmes
||Deliver Squash Coaching Programmes
||Develop Participants’ Performance in Squash
||Monitor and Evaluate Squash Coaching Programmes
||Develop Coaching Practice in Squash
Unlike many other awarding organisations, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- tutor/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Squash (QCF) Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Squash (QCF) Tutor/Assessor/Verifier Guidance to Assessment Pack
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport 3 Certificate in Coaching Squash (QCF) Learner Pack
- 1st4sport 3 Certificate in Coaching Squash (QCF) assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and a Certificate. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre. Further information on fees is available in your qualification application pack.
This qualification sits on the QCF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for QCF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this QCF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.
Other 1st4sport Qualifications you may be interested in: