ActivTechs - New, technical level qualifications, for 14-19 Year-olds
ACTIVTECHs are for any 14-19 year olds preparing to step into the world of work or preparing to go to university.
They are recognised technical and applied general qualifications, equivalent to GCSE and A level in sport and physical activity. ACTIVTECH learners will gain both practical knowledge and employability skills.
Working in sport is all about building relationships, connecting with children, young people and adults – from diverse walks of life – to help them feel comfortable. But this requires practical, real-life experience. On an ACTIVTECH, young people gain plenty of this.
Harnessing the power of sport to build personal skills
ActivTechs are all about learning-through-doing. They give you the tools and support you need to help students learn through real-life experience of leading sport in the community.
Patience, empathy, leadership and communications skills are qualities you will see them develop. Personal qualities that will stand young people in good stead, whatever path they choose.
Benefits of ACTIVTECHS:
- Versatile: offer sports or physical activities that interest your learners and match the skills of your workforce. For example, organisations are delivering ACTIVTECH qualifications through skateboarding, dance, circuits, orienteering, wrestling, football, cricket and netball.
- Recognised by sector employers and universities.
- Level 3 Diplomas are guaranteed to carry UCAS points.
- Even in the short-term, they give students options to secure enjoyable, part-time roles alongside their chosen career or further study.
- Teaching resources: schemes of work, powerpoint presentations and assignment portfolios are all included.
- Its free for your school or college to apply to deliver these qualifications.
Find out more about each qualification:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Sport and Physical Activities
- 1st4sport Level 2 Diploma in Coaching Sport and Instructing Physical Activities
- 1st4sport Level 3 Diploma in Sport and Physical Activities
- 1st4sport Level 3 Diploma in Sports Performance and Excellence
Have any questions? Talk to us today. Call the Business Development Team on 0113-290 7610*.
*Our telephone lines are open between 9am and 5pm. Monday to Thursday, and between 9am and 4:30pm Friday.