|Qualification Accreditation Number ||600/0052/1|
|Credit Value (Guided Learning Hours) ||7 (33–48)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code ||600/0052/1|
|Entry age: ||16|
|Qualification Operational Start Date ||02/12/2010|
|Qualification Operational End Date ||28/02/2015|
|Certification End Date ||28/02/2016|
|Qualification Structure ||See Structure|
|Supporting Materials ||See Materials|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 2 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with the UK Angling Source Group1, the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling (QCF) is the first qualification on the angling coaching ladder. The qualification is designed to provide learners aged 16 and over with an introduction to the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching angling. The foundation level of knowledge recognised in this qualification will enable them to develop an understanding of the safe, ethical and effective coaching of angling. Those who complete this Award will be able to assist more qualified angling coaches to deliver angling coaching sessions to adults and children.
1The UK Angling Source Group is composed of the constituent governing bodies for angling in the UK (Angling Development Board, Angling Development Board of Scotland, and Federation of Welsh Anglers).
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration, learners are required to:
- be at least 16 years of age
- have some experience of angling in either coarse, sea or game angling and be able to evidence knowledge of safe handling, unhooking and returning fish. This evidence will be assessed by the course administrator.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
|Unit Title ||Reference No. ||GLH ||Credit|
|1 ||Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport ||D/601/3531 ||6 ||1|
|2 ||Understanding the Principles of Planning Coaching Activities in Sport ||H/601/3532 ||10 ||1|
|3 ||Understanding the Principles of Conducting Coaching Activities in Sport ||K/601/3533 ||10 ||1|
|4 ||Understanding the Principles of Evaluating Coaching Activities in Sport ||M/601/3534 ||7 ||1|
|5 ||Planning Coaching Activities in Angling ||M/602/5537 ||4 ||1|
|6 ||Conducting Coaching Activities in Angling ||T/602/5538 ||5 ||1|
|7 ||Evaluating Coaching Activities in Angling ||A/602/5539 ||3 ||1|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Packs, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver the qualification
- coach educator/assessor guidance notes, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and coach educators, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- generic administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification outlining the requirements of delivering and assessing the qualification
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling (QCF) Coach Educator/Assessor/Verifier Guidance Pack
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling (QCF) Coach Educator/Assessor/Verifier Guidance to Assessment Pack
- internal assessment tools.
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Angling (QCF) Learner Pack
- internal assessment tools.
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and certificate. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre. Further information on fees is available from your qualification application form.
How to Apply
Organisations new to 1st4sport
If you are not already a 1st4sport recognised centre, you need to apply to become one. The first step is to check you can meet the Centre Recognition and Qualification Approval Criteria for this qualification and submit the forms to us.
You can find more information on this process by visiting: Five Steps to Becoming a 1st4sport Recognised Centre.
Please note: you will not be able to become recognised or approved until you have confirmed that you can meet these criteria.
Existing 1st4sport recognised centres
If you are already a 1st4sport recognised centre and would like to seek approval to deliver this qualification, please check that your centre can meet the Qualification Approval Criteria.
You can find more information on this process by visiting: Four Steps to Becoming Approved to Deliver an Additional Qualification.
Please note: you will not be able to become approved until you have confirmed that you can meet these criteria.
This qualification sits on the new QCF. Further information about the benefits of the new framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for QCF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this QCF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.