1st4sport Level 2 Award in Coaching Rowing Sessions
|Guided Learning Hours (Total Qualification Time)||18 (56)|
|SFA/LAD Funding Code||601/8831/5|
|Qualification Operational Start Date||01/05/2016|
|Qualification Review Date||31/05/2019|
|Qualification Registration Period||31/05/2021|
|Qualification Purpose Statement||Download|
This qualification is equivalent to Level 3 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)*.
To find out how to apply to deliver this qualification see the How to Apply section. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre.
Developed in partnership with British Rowing the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Coaching Rowing Sessions prepares learners for employment as a session coach in rowing. As a level 2 session coach in rowing, learners will be able to plan, independently deliver and evaluate individual sessions to increase participation within the sport to participants of all ages, or they may work as part of a larger coaching team.
*Please note there may be exceptions to the above. Further information about the EQF can be found on the EQF Portal.
Prior to registration for the qualification learners are required to:
- be accurately identified
- be at least 18 years of age
- have completed the Safety Basics online workshops
- have completed the Cold Water and Hypothermia online workshops
- be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
There are no additional prerequisites to certification other than successful coverage of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria (usually demonstrated via successful completion of all assessed tasks in the 1st4sport Learner Portfolio).
The qualification is divided into the following three mandatory components:
|Unit Title||Reference number||GLH||Level|
|The role of the rowing session coach||K/508/3961||6||2|
|The rowing session coach in practice||A/508/3964||6||2|
|Technical coaching requirements for rowing||F/508/3965||6||2|
Unlike many other awarding bodies, who just supply you with the basic qualification standards, we go that extra mile to support you by providing:
- full and comprehensive Learner Portfolios, which include a full set of structured learning and assessment tasks to help you deliver and assess the qualification
- delivery, assessment and quality assurance guidance, which include sample answers to support you when assessing your learners
- online qualification administration, enabling you to process learners quickly and effectively, and making the records we hold on your learners accessible to you at the click of a mouse.
For recognised centres and tutors, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- Administrative guidance and tools for recognised centres
- Qualification Specification
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Coaching Rowing Sessions Delivery, Assessment and Quality Assurance Approach
For learners, the qualification is supported by the following resources:
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Coaching Rowing Sessions Learner Portfolio
Fees are charged per learner and provide registration and certification for the qualification, as well as a 1st4sport Learner Pack, learning resources and a Certificate. There are no costs involved in applying or becoming a 1st4sport recognised centre. Further information on fees is available in your qualification application pack.
This qualification is only available for delivery through British Rowing. If you would like to access this qualification, please contact British Rowing at email@example.com.
This qualification sits on the RQF. Further information about the benefits of the framework can be found by visiting the Ofqual website.
All learners being registered for RQF qualifications are required to have a Unique Learner Number (ULN) issued by the Learner Register. To be approved to offer this RQF qualification, you will need to demonstrate that you can access and verify learners’ ULNs with the Learner Register. For more information about this process, please visit the Learning Records Service website.